Monday, October 4, 2010

Zack Snyder Directing Superman: Man of Steel "Right After Sucker Punch"



Deadline.com has done it again with another exclusive revolving around the DC movieverse: according to the site, Zack Snyder will be directing Man of Steel. In a just-posted UPDATE, Snyder himself comments on the situation.
UPDATE: Deadline spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into the Man of Steel. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder told Deadline. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Says Deadline, "Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new installment of Superman He was on my short list of directors that the studio was considering and producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas met with. Snyder is an interesting choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros, after directing 300 and the upcoming Suckerpunch."

Snyder, directed the adaptation of Watchmen which in my eyes was a pretty astounding achievement, and he was my top choice to do this movie believe it or not!

One would imagine his creative accomplishment with that film coupled with the success of 300 and what the studio has seen of Sucker Punch have all combined to make him seem like the perfect person to direct.

No comments: